Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Beast of the East

Well, this weekend was an amazing tournament of roller derby in eastern and central Canada (and some of our closest sisters in Vermont!), the Beast of the East III.  Last year playing Beast was my first bouting experience, and I got bumped around like a rag doll most of the time.  This year was a totally different story, and while I may not have been the strongest player out there, I did pretty damn well and it didn't go unnoticed.

My team came in 2nd place out of 16, and MTLRD took 1, 2, and 3 out of the 16 teams.  We all faced off, either in the finals or the semi finals, and it was a taste of the amazing season to come.  There was absolutely some brilliant jams going on, and the come down is pretty tough.  Going from being a little bit of a "star" to dialing on the phones today was a little rough on the ego.  But the weekend is over, and there are less than two weeks left until my next game, a travel team double-header hosting Dutchland here in MTL.  I'm sure we will all be humbled by the experience again.

In the meantime, I'll probably spend a lot of time watching the action from this weekend here.

No comments:

Post a Comment